With 34 years of experience, the Oregon Writing Project (OWP), and now the Global Writing Project (GWP), leads the way in writing instruction. Our educators continue to break new ground in helping students learn in all subject areas and all grade levels. Writing transforms us: unites us with other cultures, demystifies the differences between us, and connects us to the world’s collective knowledge in new and exciting ways. The Global Writing Project works face-to-face and online in a 3D immersive environment with educators to innovate and share effective practices for preparing students for success in college, the workplace and life—globally
* Increase student achievement as writers and learners in all disciplines
* Build communities of teachers who share their innovations and expertise
* Celebrate teachers as writers
* Support teacher inquiry/practitioner research
* Build strong global teacher-leaders
The Online 3D Immersive Summer Institute
* (EDST 608), 6 credits, summer 2012: presents current theories and methods for teaching writing, using technology to support literacy instruction, and improving teachers’ own writing and in-service skills.
* School Year Practicum
* (EDST 609), 3 credits, school year 2012–13: emphasis on follow-up activities and support for teachers as they apply strategies, share results with their cohort, and assume leadership roles.
Dates: Monday through Thursday, June 25th-July 13th (no class on July 4th)
Location: Online in Alice Academy, Second Life (Virtual 3D Campus)
Cost: Credit: Summer Institute/Practicum, 9 graduate hours, $1800
Certificate of Participation (no credit): $100
To learn more, please visit the Summer Institute page here!
Their story, yours, mine-it’s what we all carry with us on this trip we take, and we owe it to each other to respect our stories and learn from them. –William Carlos William